Home Loan Center
EDSB has a knowledgeable & helpful home mortgage lending team ready to help you through the entire home loan process.
Whether you are looking for a conventional mortgage to purchase a home, a construction loan, or an EZ Equity home equity line of credit, our mortgage team will help you realize your dreams. We offer a variety of home loan products and services to fit the needs of all our customers. Please call, click or stop by one of our convenient branch locations to get started with a team you can count on for great service with that personal touch. Check out the great calculators we have available to help you determine how a home loan will fit into your budget.
Call or stop by our offices to discuss these types of Home Loans:
- First-time Home Buyer
- Home Equity
- Adjustable Rate
- Owner occupied
- Non-owner occupied
- Home Improvement
- Mobile Home
- Real estate
- Freddie MAC Fixed Rate
- Servicing retained and Servicing released
Talk with one of our friendly Home Loan Team members for more information.
At EDSB we feature a no closing costs mortgage loan. With this loan option, you’re not responsible for the fees included in your mortgage balance because we pay the closing costs for you. There’s no catch! That means all you’ll have to remember to bring to your closing is yourself and a pen. Use the money you save for household necessities like fancy new furniture, paint, or even that big screen TV for your new living room.
*Offer is subject to credit approval. The No Closing Cost Loan is available for mortgages with a balance of $75,000 or more. Escrows and pre-paids (such as pre-paid interest) are not included in closing cost credits.
- Applicants must meet Iowa Finance Authority income limits, which vary by county. Check income limits for your county by using the quick check eligibility tool or visiting IowaFinanceAuthority.gov.
- The purchase price of the home may not exceed $305,000 if located in a Targeted Area or $250,000 if located in a Non-Targeted Area.
- The home must be located in Iowa.
- The home buyer must meet one of the following: be a first-time home buyer, purchase a home in a Targeted Area,or be a military veteran who has not previously used a mortgage revenue bond program.
1. Apply for the Take Credit! program when applying for your mortgage here at EDSB.
2. Upon approval, you will receive the Mortgage Credit Certificate in the mail after closing.
3. Submit a copy of the Mortgage Credit Certificate with your tax documents each year to claim the tax credit.
EZ Equity - A Home Equity Line of Credit that makes it EZ for you to manage your finances.
EDSB's EZ Equity is a line of credit that is there for your financing needs. Whether it's home improvement needs, paying for a college education, a new car, boat, or other major purchases, EZ Equity makes it affordable for you and your family. Contact us today and we'll show you how we can make it "EZ" for you to pay for all your upcoming needs.
- Low money saving interest rates
- Easy application process. Call or stop by one of our convenient branches to get started!
- EZ 24/7 access to the money when you need it.
- Access your line of credit through Internet Banking.
- Call us or visit us and you'll be on your way in minutes.
- Affordable interest only payments keep your payments low to fit your budget needs.
- Save even more with tax deductible interest. Consult your tax advisor to determine how this deduction may work for you.
- A 10 year draw period means you have EZ access to the money whenever the need arises.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, personal service from your locally owned bank.